Working holiday visa insurance Japan WHV
About to be expatriated in Japan for a WHV? And currently looking for an insurance for your working holiday visa Japan WHV? Have a look on our selection of contracts. You can quote online Indigo Expat’ solutions. If you want to recieve a comparator, use the contact form to provide us with your information.
If you stay abroad at least 12 months, expat plans are accurate. For example: Indigo Expat plans.
For a less comprehensive cover, Start Expat is convenient. It covers accident and unforseen illness. And correspond to a travel insurance.
Japan is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies off the eastern coast of the Asian continent and stretches from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and the Philippine Sea in the south.
Main cities: Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Nagoya
Currency: Yen (JPY)
Area: 377,975 km²
Official language: Japanese
Japan is truly timeless, a place where ancient traditions are fused with modern life as if it were the most natural thing in the world.
Source: Wikipedia, Lonely planet
Info on the working holiday visa Japan
- Age: between 18 and 30 yo (up to 25 for Australia, Canada and Republic of Korea)
- Cost of the visa: –
- Duration max: 12 months
- Quota: yes (cf link working holiday Japan here after)
- Requirements: approx. 4 500 Euro / “Possessing reasonable funds for the maintenance of his/her stay during the initial period of stay in Japan” + flight tickets
- Insurance: WHV insurance required
- Jobs: “Participants in the working holiday programmes are allowed to engage in employment as an incidental activity of their holidays for the purpose of supplementing their travel funds…”
- Renewal: not possible (extension is possible for Australia, Canada and Republic of Korea)
Update: August 2020
WHV form and request
Useful links for working holiday visa Japan
First of all, please find here after useful web pages for medical and security aspects:
Then, you can have a look on this web site:
Legal considerations for working holiday visa Japan
Please note that subscribing to an international health insurance does not free you from local regulation. Our plans are not substitute for local mandatory insurances. The above data are just for information, and does not represent a legal advise or an advise.