Relais & First Expat
First, First Expat is a fully private international medical insurance. ASFE proposes 4 levels of coverage with First Expat. I.e. Quartz is the lower level of coverage. Then, Pearl offers higher benefits and limits. Finally, Sapphire and Diamond offer the most comprehensive cover.
For those who are eligible to La Caisse des Français de l’Etranger (CFE), Relais Expat is available. That means that you have to subscribe first to the CFE. Expatriate do not have to subscribe to CFE because this is a fully private insurance (1st Euro).
First Expat documents
First, read carefully the First Expat’s documents. If you have any question, feel free to contact us.
By using the button “I want a free quote” (here above), you can do your First Expat’s quote online. But also you can subscribe to First Expat online, if you want. Otherwise, email us your scanned Application Form.
Relais Expat documents
First, read carefully the documents. If you have any question, feel free to contact us. Note that the documentation is only available in French, because such a plan concerns mainly French expats.
By using the button “I want a free quote” (here above), you can do your own quote online. But also subscribe online, if you want. Otherwise, email us your scanned Application Form.
First & Relais Expat – zones of cover
To summarize, First Expat proposes 5 zones of cover. The zone of cover is defined, by default, with the country of expatriation. Thus, you have to select a higher zone of cover if you need. For example, to consider your home country or any other country. Higher zone of cover also means higher premiums. Finally, the 5 zones are the following:
- 5: USA + countries of Zones 4, 3, 2, 1,
- 4: Bahamas, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Jersey, St. Barthelemy, St. Martin, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Singapore and countries of Zones 1, 2, 3
- 3: Australia, Austria, Canada, French Polynesia, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Vanuatu and countries of Zones 1, 2,
- 2: Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Mozambique, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam and Wallis and Futuna and countries of Zone 1
- 1: worldwide (including France) excluding the countries in Zones 2 – 5
The benefits also apply, in respect of Emergency care only, worldwide outside the Selected coverage zone if in a Coverage zone higher than one selected, during temporary stays (for professional or leisure purposes) for less than 60 consecutive days, (only if it is required following an Accident or sudden, unexpected and unforeseen Illness requiring surgery or Medical treatment which cannot wait until repatriation to the Main country of residence or the worsening of a serious Illness which poses an immediate and serious threat to the health of the Insured member).
Claims administration of First & Relais Expat
First and Relais Expat products are administered by MSH International. With its 5 platforms worldwide, MSH offers a 24/7 service to its First or Relais Expat members. Finally, you are secured and you can call Helpline and obtain support in case of emergency.
⇒ MSH Intl
For any question you may have regadring the administration, you can probably find a response in the following guides for First or Relais Expat.
Relais Expat, top-up to the CFE
To subscribe to Relais Expat, you have to be insured by CFE. In fact, the CFE certificate is required for any enrolment under Relais Expat plan. Finally, Relais Expat does not provide coverage on top up to FrancExpat (cares in France only).
Pay attention to local regulation with First Expat
Please note that First Expat does not free you from local regulations. Also, First Expat is not substitute for local mandatory insurances.